January 20, 2010

The Red Apple Pancake House

The Lunch Special: One juicy hamburger (with french fries or cottage cheese) and a cup of soup.
The Red Apple Pancake House (on North Main Street, Crown Point)

One of my favorite lunch spots, the Red Apple Pancake House is open 7 days a week, from 5:30 am to 3 pm. It serves the best pancakes ever (in my opionion!). They are fluffy, moist, and usually filled or topped with abundant fruits, nuts, or syrup. Lunch specials change daily, but usually include a cup of soup. I would suggest trying their lemon rice soup because its delicious!
There is plenty of parking, but most of the tables are booths. The wait staff is friendly and honest...and can help you pick something if you are undecided between 2 or 3 items.
The downside: it closes at 3pm---sometimes I want pancakes at 8pm! Or, I would love to have one of these juicy, hand formed burgers for dinner. If I wasn't trying to eat healthier on this splurge, I would have one of the many types of french fries they offer.

1 comment: